Salsa Making Competition
The Inland Empire Salsa Festival Challenge 2019
OFFICIAL INFORMATION AMATEUR SALSA MAKING COMPETITION
Contest will be open to the first 50 entries per category.
Event date- Saturday June 1st, 2019
About the Contest:
- 2 Salsa Categories- Best Red & Best Green/Mango
- Registration is required for all contestants – the deadline is Friday, May 17th, 2019 at 5pm. Register below. Make sure you print out your tickets after register.
- Entry Fee: $40 per entry- Maximum of one (1) salsa entry per entry fee. Maximum of two (2) total Salsa entries per contestant accepted. Each entry fee also includes 2- general admission ticket to the IE Salsa Festival on June 1st, 2019. Additional tickets are available for purchase here.
- Multiple entries cannot be made into the same category. Mango Salsa will fall into the Green categories.
- $500 Prize awarded for: Best Red Salsa
- $500 Prize awarded for: Best Green/Mango Salsa
Salsa Drop off: MONDAY MAY 20th – 8:30am- 5:30pm– Salsa Entries due by contestants to the KGGI Studios- 2030 Iowa Ave Suite 100. Riverside CA, 92507 by 5:30pm.
- Tasting will be limited to judges. Contest will be a blind taste test by a panel of judges at 99.1 KGGI on Tuesday, May 21st, 2019.
- Tasting by the public is not permitted.
What you’ll need to do
- Prepare 1 Quart (32 oz) of your freshest and tastiest salsa for the contest.
- Judging will take place at the 99.1 KGGI Studios the week PRIOR to the Salsa Festival.
- Please bring your salsa in a disposable container (or container you are willing to leave behind. It will not be returned) to the KGGI studios located at 2030 Iowa Ave Suite 100. Riverside CA 92507 on Monday May 20th, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30pm.
- Reminder … If you are traveling from a distance, transport your salsa in a cooler to keep it fresh!
- Enjoy the Festival – winners will be announced at approximately 2pm (subject to change) at the MAIN STAGE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT June 1st, 2019 and the winners will be posted online on our Social Media accounts after the festival.
- WINNINGS WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE KGGI STUDIOS AFTER THE EVENT
- YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE $40 ENTRY FEE IS PAID. Cash not accepted.
If you make great salsa . . . TAKE THE CHALLENGE!
Inland Empire Salsa Festival
White Park / Downtown Riverside
3936 Chestnut St.
Riverside, CA 92501