Salsa Competition Registration Information
The Inland Empire Salsa Festival Challenge 2017
OFFICIAL INFORMATION AMATEUR SALSA MAKING COMPETITION
Contest will be open to the first 50 entries only.
Event date- Saturday May 13th, 2017
About the Contest:
- 2 Salsa Categories- Best Red & Best Green/Mango
- Registration is required for all contestants – the deadline is Friday, April 28th, 2017 at 5pm. Register below. A payment form will appear after you submit your registration.
- Entry Fee: $50 per entry- Maximum of two (2) Salsa entries per contestant accepted. Entry fee also includes 2- general admission ticket to the IE Salsa Festival on May 13th, 2017. Additional tickets are available for purchase here.
- Entries cannot be made into the same category. Mango Salsa will fall into the Green categories.
- $500 Prize awarded for: Best Red Salsa
- $500 Prize awarded for: Best Green/Mango Salsa
Salsa Drop off: MONDAY MAY 1st- 8:30am- 5:30pm– Salsa Entries due by contestants to the KGGI Studios- 2030 Iowa Ave Suite 100. Riverside CA, 92507 by 5:30pm.
- Tasting will be limited to judges. Contest will be a blind taste test by a qualified panel of judges.
- Tasting by the public is not permitted.
What you’ll need to do
- Prepare 1 Quart (32 oz) of your freshest and tastiest salsa for the contest.
- Judging will take place at the 99.1 KGGI Studios the week PRIOR to the Salsa Festival.
- Please bring your salsa in a disposable container (or container you are willing to leave behind. It will not be returned) to the KGGI studios located at 2030 Iowa Ave Suite 100. Riverside CA 92507 on Monday May 1st, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30pm.
- Reminder … If you are traveling from a distance, transport your salsa in a cooler to keep it fresh!
- Enjoy the Festival – winners will be announced at approximately 2pm (subject to change) at the MAIN STAGE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT MAY 13TH, 2017 and the winners will be posted online at 991kggifm.com after the festival.
- WINNINGS WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE KGGI STUDIOS AFTER THE EVENT
- YOU ENTRY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE $50 ENTRY FEE IS PAID. Cash not accepted. Please pay via online payment form that loads after you submit your registration. Click here if you did not make a payment after submitting your registration form.
If you make great salsa . . . TAKE THE CHALLENGE!
SALSA COMPETITION CLOSED
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries will be acknowledged by-email within a week of receipt.